I started a goods exchange group that runs every few months, where we all make something in bulk and swap what we’ve made with the rest of the group, so if ten people sign up, you walk away with nine different things. This month – Friday, in fact – our theme is ‘Love Your Body’ to fit in with Valentine’s day and I’ve made Lavender and Rose Salt Scrub.
While I’m putting amounts and instructions down, it’s really pretty impossible to get wrong. I found that even leaving the oil to infuse for a few days didn’t really take on any of the aroma from the lavender or rose petals, so I added an essential oil called “Love in Life” from a tiny shop in France. I cant find it online, sadly, as it is amazing, but it has beautiful rose undertones.
- 1 cup/230g organic rock salt (not fine salt and definitely not table salt)
- 1 cup/215g sweet almond oil
- 2 tablespoons lavender leaves (dried)
- 2 tablespoons rose petals (dried)
- 6 - 12 drops rose/lavender essential oil
- (If you are using rock salt,whiz it up in a food processor for a few seconds. You don't want it to be fine salt, but not big crystals either.)
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl, and gently mix till it's well incorporated.
- Pour into a jar (I use two 250ml jars)
- Use when bathing for glowing skin.
One Reply to “Lavender And Rose Salt Scrub”
Comments are closed.