I discovered these hazelnut and chocolate beauties quite by accident. I was trying to make hazelnut flour but left the nuts going in the food processor for too long and ended up with hazelnut butter. I added cocoa powder and coconut oil and came up with a beautiful chocolate spread alternative, which has lasted for over a month in the fridge without going off.
These are so delicious, popped in a jar with a ribbon on, they’re easily made into gifts too.
- 75g hazelnuts
- 5g cocoa(feel free to adjust this for a more or less chocolatey result)
- 20g coconut oil
- 100g hazelnuts
- 150g dates
- 45g oats
- Blend the first set of hazelnuts to a fine crumb speed 4, 5 seconds
- Add the cocoa and coconut oil and mix on speed 9, 90 seconds
- Add the remaining hazelnuts, dates, and oats.
- Mix well about speed 4/ 20 seconds.
- The mixture looks like loose crumbs when you're done. Take a small handful, and press it together, then roll into a ball.
- You can eat it right away, but put it aside to allow the coconut oil to hold it all together, and it'll be nicer cold too.