If you have a PDF you’d like to be able to access on your Amazon Kindle in the same way as your Kindle books, it’s pretty simple to do. Different devices may have slightly different steps, but the process should be more or less the same.
The Amazon Kindle ebook reader supports PDF files through Amazon’s Kindle Personal Documents Service.
In order to use this service, you must first tell Amazon to accept email from your email address. Use the following steps to enable email to your Kindle:
- Go to Manage Your Content And Devices
- Scroll down to Approved Personal Document E-mail List
- Click on “Add a new approved e-mail address”
- Add the address and click on ‘Add Address’
- On the same page, under ‘Personal Document Settings’ there’s a ‘Send-to-Kindle Email Settings’ section. That is your kindle email address.
Yes, I have too many Kindle devices or Kindle Readers!
Once the Amazon Personal Document Settings have been changed, you can head to your email, and send the PDF to your Kindle email address as an attachment. It should only take a few seconds to show up on your device.
If you don’t have a Kindle but want to use the Kindle Reader on most other devices, you can download the free Kindle Reader here.