I bought pears a few weeks ago thinking my girls would eat them, but they were hard, and stayed hard, till they started looking beyond their best, so I decided to make a baked pudding with them. I have been trying to use my Varoma more, so thought a steamed pudding would be nice too, specially since this ‘summer’ is hiding behind thick rain clouds today.
I have no idea how you would steam a pudding on the stove top, but if you do, I’m sure this will be easy to make even without a Thermomix®.
I also think the flavours in this can easily be adapted – adding cloves, raisins, cardamom as you like. And I like to serve this with home made clotted cream or ice cream.
- 2 pears, cored and chopped in rough cubes
- 25g butter
- 20g sugar
- teaspoon cinnamon or all-spice
- juice of one orange
- 125g butter
- 110g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 130g self-raising flour
- zest from 1 orange
- Chop pears into cubes and place in the Thermomix® bowl.
- Add butter, sugar and spices and orange juice and cook 5 mins/ Varoma Temp/Speed 1
- Spoon into rammekins or heat-proof dishes
- In the Thermomix®, whisk the butter and sugar together for 50 seconds/speed 4
- Add the eggs, self raising flour and zest and beat together for 30 seconds/speed 4
- Spoon into rammekins, above the fruit
- Place the rammekins into bottom 'shelf' of the Varoma and put the lid on
- Add water up to the 1l mark in the bowl, place the Varoma on top and steam for 25 mins/Varoma Temp/Speed 3
- Turn upside down onto a serving dish and serve with clotted cream or icecream